German Non-Fiction Prize 2021
The German Non-Fiction Prize will be presented this year for the first time by the Foundation for Book Culture and the Promotion of Reading to outstanding non-fiction written in German. Criteria for the award are: a relevant subject, the narrative quality of the text, the presentation of the topic, the clarity of the language and accessibility of the material, as well as the quality of the research.
The winner will be announced on June 14 and will receive a prize of € 25.000, the finalists will each receive € 2.500. The Deutsche Bank Foundation is the main sponsor of the award, which is also supported by the Foundation Humboldt Forum.
We are delighted to see seven authors represented in Italy by B&G among the eight finalists:
- Heike Behrend, Menschwerdung eines Affen (Matthes & Seitz)
- Asal Dardan, Betrachtungen einer Barbarin (Hoffmann und Campe)
- Jürgen Kaube, Hegels Welt (Rowohlt) - Italian rights sold to Einaudi
- Andrea Kossert, Flucht (Siedler)
- Michael Maar, Die Schlange im Wolfspelz (Rowohlt)
- Christoph Möllers, Freiheitsgrade (Suhrkamp)
- Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim, Die kleinste gemeinsame Wirklichkeit (Droemer Knaur)